Powered by Blogger.

Bullying

Day 16 of the Blog Everyday in May Challenge; something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it.

There was once many things that I felt was going wrong in my life. I didn't care about school, I felt fat & ugly, I didn't believe I was someone; someone would want to be friends with, & I thought no one cared what I said so I held back. Bullying is a horrible thing to go through. I didn't go through the worst of it like some kids did; but I still went through a lot of it. From my middle school years starting with 6th grade when my mom fell through a glass table & I almost lost her, to my freshman year. In middle school I got made fun of because I didn't know how to dress & I didn't have money like the other kids in my grade did. My mom always dressed me & when she fell through the table a lot of things happen to her. So all I wore was a big green jacket & jeans everyday. 8th grade I went into this sort of "emo kid" stage. I dyed my hair black & dressed in dark colors. My freshman year was the same thing but in this year I was called fat more, I was also told a lot I had no boobs. it was upsetting, so I thought the only was to stop eating, not completely, but I only a little supper. I lost weight FAST. It was insane how all my middle school teachers would see how much weight I lost & they would mention it. My freshman summer I thought it was time for a change; I stopped hanging out with my friends that I hung out with, they wasn't getting me where I wanted to go in life, so I just stopped. I started eating better, I started dressing more like a girl, & I just stopped caring what people thought. No matter what people say to you, the only thing that matters is what you think about yourself & what God thinks about you. For a long time I thought no one loved me, but I realized God will always love me, no matter what. I'm still working on a lot of things in my life; it's a hard & long road but I know I'll be fine. I have a great family, friends, & I have a overall a great life. I didn't write this post to get attention, I wrote it because 1) it's the blog everyday thing & 2) when thinking about all the things I could write here, this seemed like something I was proud to overcome.


Xoxo, Hannah.

No comments