Powered by Blogger.

Sin

We all know sin. Every single one of us has sined in some way or form. We are very blessed that God forgives us of all sins. 

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

So we have sinned, will God forgive us of that? Well of course, he loves all his childern. Yet, I still see kids my age sinning, over and over again. Wrecking their body with eating disorders, ruining the body that God gave to us. Going out and partying, sleeping with a new guy every night. Judging other people before we even know what their name is. Also, cheating on your husband/wife then getting divorce we look at that as something that is perfectly fine. Wel all turn our head to it because it's their life, we can't control it. i can't say I have never sinned, because I'm far from perfect. But I try my best to not sin over and over again. I don't use God's love to my advantage. That's called selfish. It's like that kid in your class that never has his work done. He comes to you asking to borrow your work, with the excuse "I fell asleep early" feeling bad for him you let him see the work. He comes in the next day with another excuse till it's a week later and he's still cheaing off of you. You tried to help the kid out but you feel horrible because you were just getting used. Don't you ever wonder if this how God feels every time you sin? He believes you when you sin and come to him for forgiveness. He forgives but then the next day you do the same sin again, have you not learned your lesson?

"To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against him."
Daniel 9:9

Instead of all this sinning, we should trust in what God has planned for us. He only wants the best. We're all going to sin, we're going to stumble and fall multiple times. But why won't we all say no to the pressure of doing these things. 




 photo handwriting_zps00532ea9.png

1 comment

  1. I think, that when we don't say no it's because we are depending on our own strength and not His.. But Jesus said "If you love me, you will obey me" (something I write about a lot and have to repeat to myself daily).. When we take our eyes off off Jesus, we allow our flesh to make our decisions, and it just never turns out well.. Also (in my opinion) we sometimes continue to sin the same sin over and over because we don't go through the work to discover what is at the root of our behavior..
    Great post, and great question!

    ReplyDelete