Powered by Blogger.

Note taking (& more!)

Since tons of students are starting school this fall, I thought I would make a post over note taking and more!



Notes
 This is normally how I set up my pages

Title
Subtitle
·         Info
·         Info – more if it relates to the topic



And that goes on out through the page. I usually highlight the subtitle, and highlight and definitions that I need to remember for a test. After the class is over, and you have time before your next class, write a summary over the notes so that way instead of reading the whole page of notes when you study for a final or you’re just trying to find a paper in the future, you can just read that summary.

If you want to be extra organized, make a table of contents in the front of your note book when you’re done taking the notes and the book is filled. I just keep one binder with folders of all my classes and when I take notes for that class, on the weekend I tear it out of my notebook and put it in the correct folder.

The other day I read that if you write down your worries before a test, that it can improve your test scores!


But overall, remember these things…

-          Aim for passion, not A’s.
-          If you fail, it’s alright. Everyone makes mistakes, just recall what you did wrong then next time do it right.
-          Read a lot, and think a lot.
-          Don’t ask questions that have a simple answer, ask questions that makes you think.
-          Set goals
-          Put your freakin’ phone away.
-          Find the time when you’re most productive.
-          Have snacks, and a drink.
-          Eat healthier!
-          Take notes in different colors, and bright highlighters.
-          Never study in bed, you’ll totally fall asleep.











Image Map

No comments